Sunday, October 26, 2008

Everyone Agrees, Mom Needs a Time Out!


Sometimes life can get pretty busy these days. I welcomed the chance to help at the recent Time Out event hosted by the Deseret Book Company. Even though I volunteered to be on the "team" and had just a few responsibilities, it was all fun and I enjoyed the weekend immensely. I felt like I instantly made friends with 1700 other ladies like me, ladies that needed a "time out." There are a few sisters I met that I will not forget. I hope the event theme of "JOY" will help them face the challenges ahead.

My bucket is refilled and I'm so happy I attended this event. First, I love Hilary Weeks. Her music inspires me. I had a chance to visit with her and tell her how much I appreciate listening to her music as I clean the house, do chores, etc. She has such a beautiful voice and gift for composing. I was also touched by another one of my favorites, Michael McLean. Music has a way of getting to your heart. I met one of my teachers from my Utah days in Carolyn Rasmus. I want to be like her someday. Each speaker made me laugh, lighten up, and at the same time feel optimistic that I can do a little better with tiny paradigm shifts. I just LOVED it!!

No comments: