Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dance-A-Thon

I took on the awesome responsibility of doing the "Fall Fundraiser" for the school this year. Little did I know how much time this would take! We kicked off the fund raiser with a "hippie" themed dance. This is definitely the easiest theme I could think of for me to pull off. We had a great time.

The night before a small group helped decorate the gym. Stacy had a brilliant idea to do this balloon string--loved it. I got in the spirit making a 5 ft. hippie van for the backdrop. A few of us came back to my house to put together fund raiser/cookie dough packets for each student. Stacy went home and painted word signs like "Peace" & "All You Need is Love," etc. We were up until 11:30! I'm so glad they came out to help, or I would've been up all night--yikes!

The dance started at 8am and went until 2:30pm (clean up another hour). Everything worked out perfectly. Tons of parents came to help. There were goodies for the kids, music, and a whole lot of "groovy" attire.

Peace!


No comments: