Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cookies For Soldiers!

Baghdad Slideshow



Our girls have all participated in Girl Scouts over the last several years. When Arianna was five and looking forward to becoming a Girl Scout soon she turned to me thoughtfully and said, "You know Mom, Girl Scouts is about making the world a better place"...pause, thoughtful smile..."and selling Girl Scout cookies."

A really neat opportunity came our way last winter when the girls decided to collect cookies for soldiers. Our family alone donated about 150 boxes of cookies. We have to thank our family from out of state and great friends for supporting this effort. Ashley's GS troop made the connection with a troop serving in Iraq and shipped the cookies to them. They were so happy to get a "taste from home" and sent this powerpoint thank you. I hope we can do this again next year!

Maybe cookies can make the world a better place!

1 comment:

sweetlifeinthevalley said...

Hi Heather, Send me your email(aprilatwater@gmail) & I will add you to our sign-in on my family blog-which I keep private. I also write www.sweetlifeinthevalley.com I am glad I found your family blog so we can see what you all are up to these days.
April