Thursday, November 20, 2008

Volunteering


Last year I got this cute card that said, "Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again!"

I didn't quite "get" this until recently. Volunteering is a passion of mine. I love to work with different people in the community. Over the years I've really enjoyed involving myself in different organizations I care about. I particularly love getting to work side by side with other volunteers. This fall I went a little overboard when four, yes four, of my volunteer projects overlapped. I am so thankful for a husband that is supportive and an easygoing family. I was demanding a lot out of myself, but they were not. They were a constant support to me. My children were blessed with good health through the craziness and I am so thankful for that. I have been struggling with a pinched nerve and osteoarthritis since the diagnosis in September, so having my children healthy has been a real blessing. Also, the people that came along, other volunteers, to help carry my load, I can't thank enough. There are some really amazing people out there! A few just seem to always be there when you need them.

So, I will never "stop" volunteering, but I hope I learn to "yield" more in '09!

No comments: