Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Projects



We've managed to sneak in a few Summer Projects. The pictures show some of our projects. We've also tie dyed a bit, for which my nails are still stained! I can't believe I forgot to put on gloves!

Eighteen years ago when I graduated from high school (yikes--has it been that long?), my mom bought me a simple little sewing machine. Who knew it would be so fun and reliable. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done. Ashley enjoys sewing and I think Alyssa has now got the bug, too. Since she sleeps on the top bunk we designed this bed side bag to hold her "stuff."

Now, I'm just wondering when I'm going to get around to sewing a cute bag or quilt for myself??? A friend of mind suggested a fabric store in Kerrville that is sooooo inspiring (Creations). It took a lot of will power not to spend a fortune there when Crystal and I visited in June!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love all the projects, you are such a fun mom!

Tales of an Alaskan Housewife said...

I LOVE those purses I should have bought the pattern too. Next trip!!!! How funny that I was about to post about our tie dying adventures this week too. Great minds I suppose...great minds!!!